Marvel.com provided the details for their upcoming Marvel Super Hero Spectacular event, which celebrates the Marvel brand, and feature products across a wide variety of formats. This includes toys, books and the release of Avengers: Age of Ultron on DVD and Blu-Ray.
Following the success of last year’s ‘Marvel Super Hero September,’ Disney kicks off the second annual celebration on with five weeks of adrenaline-filled exclusives and activities for fans – including the release of “Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron” on DVD and Blu-ray and Playmation Marvel’s Avengers. Fans can expect to see a whole new lineup of products across a range of categories, including: Spider-Man Color Shock Slingers, new LEGO Spider-Man construction sets, Marvel RC Hulk Smash, a new Black Widow young adult novel authored by #1 The New York Times best-selling author Margaret Stohl, a personalized Marvel’s Avengers: Black Ops Field Guide,and the first introduction of Marvel characters as part of the Disney Store’s Tsum Tsum line of collectible plush. For mobile Marvel fans, all-new characters including Ultimate Spider-Man, Red Hulk and Hulkbuster along with 18 new levels of play will be available in “Mix+Smash: Marvel Super Hero Mashers.”
‘Marvel Super Hero Spectacular’ will extend well beyond core toys, books and consumer electronics. Marvel Collector Corps villains-themed subscription box will be sent out in October while Marvel Animated Minimates Two-Pack Series’ at Walgreens and a Dr. Strange Marvel Select Figure will debut at specialty stores. Fans of all ages will be able to showcase their Marvel pride with new athletic footwear, professional scooters and bedding as well as new costumes for kids and adults… just in time for Halloween. In supermarket aisles look for new Avengers and Spider-Man string cheese, Marvel granola bars as well as other healthy snack options. And finally, Marvel Comics will publish a special one shot ‘Marvel Super Hero Spectacular’ comic to be sold throughout the celebration.
At Disney Store locations on every Sunday from September 27 – October 25, kids ages three and up are invited to take part in one of four Marvel events including Art of Drawing: Captain America Shield, Art of Drawing: Spider-Man, Spider-Man Story Time and the NEW Avengers Training Academy. Times vary by location; guests should contact their local Disney Store for more details.‘Marvel Super Hero Spectacular’ is taking over MarvelKids.com throughout the celebration to encourage kids and families to “activate the super in you” across key areas of Be Healthy, Be Active, Be Creative and Be Responsible. Marvel’s online and social channels are joining the fun as well with fan activations including giveaways across Marvel.com and Marvel’s social channels including @StyledbyMarvel on Instagram. Use the hashtag #MarvelSpectacular to join in on the fun!
To find a store carrying Marvel comic books, graphic novels and other related merchandise visit comicshoplocator.com. And for Marvel Super Hero Spectacular offerings, visit your local mass and specialty retailers as well as Disney Store locations and Disneystore.com.
- Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron” on DVD and Blue-ray
- Playmation Marvel’s Avengers
- Spider-Man Color Shock Slingers
- LEGO Spider-Man construction sets
- JAKKS Pacific RC Hulk Smash
- Black Widow: Forever Red by Margaret Stohl
- Avengers: Black Ops Field Guide by Sourcebooks
- Tsum Tsum collectible plush Marvel characters
- Mix+Smash: Marvel Super Hero Mashers mobile app
- Funko Marvel villain Collector Corps
- Marvel Animated Minimates Two-Pack Series
- Dr. Strange Marvel Minimates Select Figure
- Madd Gear Marvel footwear
- Rubie’s, Disney Store, and Party City Marvel Super Hero kids and adults costumes
- Avengers and Spider-Man string cheese from Schreiber Cheese
- Marvel granola bars from Conagra Foods
- Jay Franco bedding from ThinkGeek
- ‘Marvel Super Hero Spectacular’ comic
- every Sunday from 9/27 – 10/25, kids ages 3 and up are invited to take part in one of four Marvel events, including: Art of Drawing: Captain America Shield, Art of Drawing: Spider-Man, Spider-Man Story Time and the NEW Avengers Training Academy