Jada Toys is now offering ‘Ask Jada,’ which will answer monthly reader questions about their Die-Cast figures currently out on store shelves as well as some online stores including Entertainment Earth and BigBadToyStore.
Email us the next round of questions for Scott Neitlich by Monday September 5th at 12 EST. Send the email to [email protected].
These die-cast metal figures have more detail and a superior sculpt and paint apps for the $10-$20 price point compared to anything else on the market for this price. As announced back at San Diego Comic-Con, Jada Toys shown off some new Marvel, DC Superheroes, Ghostbusters, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Batman v Superman, Suicide Squad, Assassins Creed, and more.
The questions will be sent back to us on the 1st. Also, Scott will be answering 2 rounds of questions for the 1st and the 15th. So we can offer a Q&A twice a month right now. So everyone will have a good chance to get your questions answered. The questions submitted Monday will come back to us on or around September 15th.
1. For the Teengage Mutant Ninja Turtles Party Wagon and Ghostbusters Ecto-1, could Jada Toys essentially offer these as rides for one of the die-cast figures? Not necessarily calling these Pop! Rides, but would Jada be allowed to go this route if licensing allows?
There isn’t necessary a universal answer to this. On some brands we have in-sclae vehicle rights, with others we do not. So lets us know which vehicles you’d like to see the most and we will certainly look into it when possible. We are of course big die cast vehicle fans here at Jada!
2. For Marvel vehicles like the X-Men’s Blackbird, Avengers Quinjet, and Deadpool’s Chimichanga Tuck, and DC’s Wonder Woman’s Invisible Jet, Batmobile, Batwing, etc., could these also be considered?
Pretty much the same answer as above. We don’t just have 100% access to every brand and even every character in a brand. Things like vehicles are sometimes on a case by case basis. But yes, if their is enough fan demand and if it falls within our toy rights it is definitely something we are interested in looking into.
3. For Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, are you limited to just core characters such as the Four Turtles, and are you considering an additional wave such as Splinter, Shredder, Rocksteady, Bebop, Kraang, April O’Neil, Casey Jones, and other characters from the show?
In time we look forward to expanding the line for sure. Huge TMNT fans and we love the whole cast and all the many eras. Personally I was a huge TMNT fan of the original toy line and show. Slash was my favorite Turtle. Although Metalhead was pretty cool too. (they count as Turtles right?) 😉
4. Any plans for Ghostbusters die-cast figures from the new movie, as well as a second wave from the 1984 film?
Right now our focus is on the classic characters, but doing METALS from the new film is not out of the question. It may depend on fan and retailer interest as well as working out details with our fantastic partners at Sony. But we are big fans of the new movie. Just nothing to announce right now.
5. In the Spider-Man wave, why is Carnage scaled larger than the other figures, as opposed to them all being the same size? Even Venom is smaller than he is. What was the thinking behind designing Carnage this way?
I asked the design team, and basically the answer was “cause he looks awesome at 6”!” As a big reader of 90’s comics myself, Carnage (and Venom) we’re two of my personal favorites so I was very excited when I saw they were in the works for Jada’s METALS line. Intact the whole Spiderman line is pretty amazing. We are even packing 90’s Spiderman upside down in his box. How cool is that?