Craig Drobis is the SVP of Marketing for boys action figures and collectors for Jakks Pacific. Craig will be answering your questions for all Ask Jakks submissions. ToyHypeUSA will be sending him monthly questions and we will have your answers back on or around the beginning of each month. Send us your questions to [email protected] by December 26th.
Jakks Pacific products can be ordered on Entertainment Earth, BigBadToyStore and Amazon.com.
- Are there any plans for additional exclusives in the World of Nintendo line such as the 4” Shadow Link figure?
We are always looking for creative ways to bring the property to life. We had some very positive reactions from the San Diego Comic Con Mario and Peach set and the diorama 2.5” multi packs like the Acorn playset. We are definitely looking to do more things like that with both the 2.5” and 4” scale figures. We are always open to ideas if you all have them.
- Are there any updates to the 6th unannounced and unreleased figure of Amazon’s DC Originals Big Figs?
Unfortunately there are no updates here.
- One of the fan favorites for the Star Wars Big Figs was Bossk, and he became an instant popular figure. Are there any plans to revisit this character possibly as a redeco, or even as he appeared in The Clone Wars?
There are no plans for additional classic characters in the Big Figs line right now. With all of the spectacular movies they have had the last 3 holidays and more to come in the future, that is where we are focusing our character assortment.
- How has the Mushroom Kingdom Castle Playset performed for Jakks, and are there any hopes to see additional playsets as well as vehicles at this point?
The Mushroom Kingdom Castle Playset has done very well and we are pleased with the sales. Yes, we are looking into additional options of sets for play and display, but there’s nothing we can announce at this time. As far as vehicles, the Mario Kart Radio Control car has had a second very successful holiday and doesn’t look to be slowing down. We are working with Nintendo for additional options for the 2018 holiday season.
- Any updates on 4″ Figures of the Squid Sisters, Callie and Marie from Splatoon? How have sales been for Splatton 2 and are more characters possible?
The Nintendo Universe of characters is big and it has gotten bigger in the last year with all the great games surrounding the launch of the Switch. We can only produce so many characters each year and our primary focus will be on Mario because that is where the greatest interest is from kids, fans and collectors. So, for the immediate future, we are not going to add more of the Splatoon characters specifically. However, we are really happy with where our development is going and with the help of Nintendo, you are going to see a lot of great new figures in 2018.