Craig Drobis is the SVP of Marketing for boys action figures and collectors for Jakks Pacific. Craig will be answering your questions for all Ask Jakks submissions. ToyHypeUSA will be sending him monthly questions and we will have your answers back on or around the beginning of each month. Send us your questions to [email protected] by April 26th.
1. Can we get a bigger boba fett, han solo in carbonite, imagine a 48″ han solo in carbonite with a lightup side panel!!!!! Im sure both would be a great sell out!!!!
Han in carbonite is an idea we have discussed many times. We probably should have done it as a part of the overall 40th Anniversary program this year. Maybe we should do that for the 40th of Empire. Boba Fett is another favorite. We have a one off model of a 48″ Boba in our offices, but there are no plans to go into production on it anytime soon, unfortunately.
2. How many Justice League Big Figs are pending this year and are you looking at any females such as Wonder Woman for the line?
We just unveiled a Wonder Woman Movie version at Wondercon which will be available in time for the movie in June. We spent a lot of time the last several months working with DC and the filmmakers to improve upon the Batman vs. Superman version released last year. The head was completely re-sculpted to make sure we better captured the fierce beauty of Wonder Woman. As you know, Jakks prides itself on our sculpts and bringing the characters to life in this Big Figs scale, so we wanted to make sure we got it right. A slight variant will come out closer to Justice League Movie timing. As far as other Justice League movie figures, Batman and Flash were announced and revealed at New York Toy Fair. There will be more, but we can’t give any more details at this time.
3. Has sales been strong with Rogue One Big Figs and are there plans to expand the line to a third series?
The Rogue One Big Figs have sold well. Everyone has very high expectations for everything Star Wars and the consistent flow of new movies for at least the next 3 years is giving us a lot of opportunity to make more great figures. There are 3 waves of Rogue One figures and then we move on to the next epic Star Wars story to be made into Big Figs.
4. For the Batman and Flash Justice League figures shown at ToyFair this year, will there be any accessories or features included with the figures?
For these versions, there are no accessories. There is a deluxe version of one character with more accessories in the plan for movie timeframe, but that’s all I can say for now. But it’s cool.
5. Are we any closer to playsets for the World of Nintedo 4″ figures, such as Bowsers Castle or even a diorama for the 4″ figures?
4″ figures are kind of tough because we try to keep everything in scale as best we can and a Castle gets very big. I can say that a playset for 2.5″ figures is on the way for this Fall which we are really happy with. We are also trying to do some creative things with packaging to bring the property to life even in new and exciting ways. More to come on that.