Craig Drobis is the SVP of Marketing for boys action figures and collectors for Jakks Pacific. Craig will be answering your questions for all Ask Jakks submissions. ToyHypeUSA will be sending him monthly questions and we will have your answers back on or around the beginning of each month. Send us your questions to [email protected]. Send in your questions by May 26th.
Jakks Pacific products can be ordered on Entertainment Earth, BigBadToyStore, Megalopolis: City Of Collectibles and Amazon.com
1. Hello, I was wondering if Jakks has any plans for the 30th Anniversary release of Super Mario on the Super Nintendo game console? I was thinking game inspired figures, playsets/diorama’s or something else?
We do not have a lot of game Anniversary specific plans for Nintendo. We do have several exclusive items planned for the second half of the year which I think will get people excited. More details will be announced in July.
2. Any plans for a 30th Anniversary release of the Super Mario All Stars, Yoshi’s Island or Mario Is Missing games from Super Nintendo? Have you or anyone at Jakks discussed the Anniversary of these games?
Editor’s Note – Same answer as above.
3. Are there any more announcements to be made for the Godzilla King of Monsters line as far as more figures or products coming this year?
The line as it is constructed remains the same for the year. We do have some updated product on the six in King Ghidorah and Rodan figures and with the Monster Match Up two packs coming to stores soon. The characters are the same. As sometimes happens with movie based product, we had a very small product development window. We try to hit every detail on the first attempt, but when we can improve, we do. So the product that arrived to retail shelves first is a little different. Additional paint deco was added to Ghidorah on the wings and heads of both the Monster Match Up smaller figure and the Monster Pack six inch figure. An additional set of buildings was added to both the Rodan and Ghidorah Monster Pack six inch figures. We know it is not ideal to do this, but also want people to understand that we want to provide the best value for the price.
4. How has the feedback been on the Mega Man: Fully Charged Lab playset and do you think there’s a possibility for more offerings such as this down the road?
We have several waves of figures ready to roll out for Mega Man: Fully Charged and a variety of supporting products. The items have been listed on Amazon since the start of the year and have recently been come to shelf in Target and GameStop. We are really proud of this line and think it will appeal to both Fully Charged fans as well as fans of Classic Mega Man.
5. Will Jakks be offering any San Diego ComicCon exclusives this year and will they have a booth?
Jakks has not had a booth for a couple years, however we have had and continue to plan to have exclusives offered through other booths at the show. There are a couple items across multiple properties I think will get everyone very excited. Unfortunately, we aren’t able to give any specific details at this time. Hopefully we will see you all in San Diego.